Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
2019 Annual Awards Dinner
On Friday, September 27th, 2019, we are proud to present the Colorado LGBT Bar Association's Annual Awards Dinner at the Seawell Ballroom at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. This year's awardees are:
Attorney of the Year: Catherine E. Smith, Associate Dean of Institutional Diversity and Inclusiveness, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Ally of the Year: Christina Brown, Immigration Attorney and founder of Colorado Asylum Center
We are also pleased to welcome our Keynote Speaker, Kate Kendell, Campaign Manager for Take Back the Court and former Executive Director of the National Center for Lesbian Rights.
All proceeds from this event will benefit the Colorado LGBT Bar Foundation, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. The mission and vision of the Colorado LGBT Bar Foundation is to promote the charitable and educational work of the Colorado LGBT Bar Association, to advance LGBT individuals in the law, and to protect and empower Colorado’s LGBT community as a whole.
Sponsorship & Ticket Information
- Platinum Sponsor: $4,000 - Premier seating for up to 10 people; Banner or sign display at check-in; Logo and link to organization on event website; Thank you from the stage; Logo in event program and rotating slide show.
- Cocktail Sponsor (Only 2 sponsor opportunities available. In order to reserve a Cocktail Sponsorship, please contact us.): $3.500 - Preferred seating for up to 10 people; Logo in event program and rotating slide show; Additional recognition and marketing opportunity during cocktail hour.*
- Gold Sponsor: $3,000 - Seating for up to 10 people; Recognition as awardee table sponsor in event program; Logo and link to organization on event website; Thank you from the stage; Logo in event program and rotating slide show.
- Silver Sponsor: $2,500 - Seating for up to 10 people; Thank you from the stage; Logo in event program and rotating slide show.
- Bronze Sponsor: $1,500 - Seating for up to 5 people; Logo in event program and rotating slide show.
- Scholar Sponsor: $550 - Seating for up to 2 people; Sponsorship of a DU or CU student’s ticket; Recognition in rotating slide show.
- Summit Sponsor: $250 - Seating for one person; Recognition in rotating slideshow.
- Whole Table: $1,250 - Seating for up to 10 people.
- Individual Ticket: $125/each
- Government & Public Service Ticket: $75
- Student Ticket: $50
Seating & Registration Information
Please contact the Event Committee (at LGBTBarGala@gmail.com) if you have an ADA request.
The registration deadline for 2019 is September 15, 2019.
Notes to Sponsors and Full Table Purchasers:
Notes Regarding Seating Requests:
- You will be able to provide names of guests and their meal selections at the time of registration. In the event you do not have that information at the time of registration, please register as many confirmed guests that you can. The Event Committee will be in touch to give you further instructions to obtain the information for your remaining guests. All guests and their meal choices must be confirmed by September 15.
- If you do not have enough guests to fill your allotted tickets, you may donate your tickets to a student, recent graduate, or event volunteer. Once you donate the ticket, we notify the recipient, so these may not be reversed once released.
- Unfortunately, we cannot manually assign multiple ticket purchasers to the same table this year. If you want to sit with someone specifically, you must do one of the following:
- Purchase a Sponsorship with enough seats for you all to sit together.
- Purchase a complete table for you all to sit together.
- Purchase all of your individual seats in the same purchase by doing the following:
- Designate one person as your purchaser.
- They will need to register for the event by selecting "Register Now" and then choosing the option to register "Me + ___ guests".
- They will be able to select a paid ticket for each guest.
- They will need to enter names and meal choices at the time of registration..
- If you purchase an individual ticket and then transfer to a sponsored or complete table, your individual ticket will be automatically donated to a student, recent graduate, or event volunteer. In order to complete your transfer, both you and the sponsor must contact us.
If you are a law student or recent graduate in your first five years of practice, or if you are an attorney who otherwise cannot afford to attend the Dinner, please go here to apply to attend the dinner as a sponsored attendee.
If you would like to volunteer at the event, please fill out this sign up form.
Please contact the Event Committee at LGBTBarGala@gmail.com with any questions.
Friday, September 27, 2019
Seawell Ballroom at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts
1350 Arapahoe Street